Tuesday, 21 November 2017

For A

I watch the train curve around 
The bend, my feet almost trot on 
A reflex, the steel rails brace me 
To turn icy and shake it off,
Another tradition, for me.
For us.

I will clean my room with 
Headphones on, I will even hum
To myself, I will stop and reminisce
At every cookie crumb and sweater
Another tradition, for me.
For us.

I will wear my noisy boots and
Walk alone through polished halls
The cello and piano will not quite
Startle me, not without your whispers.
Another tradition, for me.
For us.

It is easy, I know, to move weightlessly 
Alone, ghost towns do that to you, how
When you finally decide you are ready to
Roll the window up, the sun has set already.
Another tradition, for me.
For us.

I have an eye and an ear for pretty things
For inky skies and loud lovemaking, 
I miss it though, us thinking the same things 
At the same time, not having to speak.
Another tradition, for me.
For just us.

No comments: