Thursday, 30 May 2013

We Won the War


We Won the War

I cant think of what to write
So I will just look at these specks of life
Splattered on the moldy walls that you and
I once moulded from love, I think that would suffice.
From behind these dust laden curtains,
I will listen to our whispers that couldn't escape
Through these shattered windowpanes, so much
Louder than those cannons that draped
The sky in grey, preparing it to mourn.

I cant think of what to write
So I will sit crouched over this charred
Patch of grass on which you kissed me goodbye
That last lingering touch before you rode away, so far.
This ruined porch looks familiar,hidden under the pile
Of the parched leaves that shone like embers
They still do, only, no one to sweep them away.
What does it matter, when their perfume cannot be exiled
By the thickest fumes of gunpowder that choked 
The air, moments before you were gone.


Post a Comment